WHMCS is a great software to manage and run a business, but it has its limitations. Recently, a client of mine needed to offer four free product options, and charge his clients for the rest (For those of you who know WHMCS well, these are configurable options).
Although WHMCS is very robust, it does not have this kind of functionality. Therefore, I had to custom build it for my client using an admin addon module.
- Download the module from Github and upload it to modules/addons directory in your whmcs installation
- Activate the module under Setup->Addon Modules
- On the same screen, click the “Configure” button for that module (Setup->Addon Modules->Free Option Limiter -> Configure)
- Only allow administrator users to have access and click save changes.
- Go to Addon Modules->Free Option Limiter
- Select the product you want to limit the free options for
- Select the number of maximum free addons you want to give away
- Select the addons that can be offered for free (You might want to charge for some options, e.g. expensive stuff)
- Click save changes
- Go and try to order, and your price will be reflected accordingly
- No multi-currency support (only works with USD)
- Configurable option types under products need to be (YES/NO) types
- The most expensive addons will be given for free (e.g. if the user has selected 3 options of price $10, $20 and $30 and he is only entitled to two only, he will pay $10 , the other two will be given for free)
- Include in your product description something that allows the user to understand why the product is happening. I would include something like: “You are entitled to X free options. If you select more, you will be billed for the least expensive ones”.
<img class="alignleft size-large wp-image-12894" src="http://thoughtengineer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/whmcs-free-option-limiter-1024×525.png" alt="whmcs-free-option-limiter" width="1024" height="525" srcset="http://thoughtengineer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/whmcs-free-option-limiter-1024×525.png 1024w, http://thoughtengineer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/whmcs-free-option-limiter-300×153 pop over to these guys.png 300w, http://thoughtengineer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/whmcs-free-option-limiter.png 1408w” sizes=”(max-width: 1024px) 100vw, 1024px” />