Smartsheet is a great tool that can help you automate your business and track your activities across many platforms while collaborating with multiple users . In this article, I am going to give you three automation hacks that will help you double your sales, using Smartsheet. These are techniques I have been using myself, and have been doing wonders for me. Let’s get started!
1. Connect all your contact forms to your SmartSheet account
Contact form messages are usually processed in two ways:
- They are sent to an email address, where the prospect would get a reply, and if the client doesn’t followup, the lead is lost. This is especially true if you receive many contact requests
- They are added to an overly complex customer-relationship management system…cough…SalesForce…cough. Unless you have a fairly large sales team, you don’t need a full blown CRM.
Smartsheet gives you the best of both worlds, the simplicity of email as well as the usability of a CRM. Here is how it works:
Once a user fills a contact form on your website, they should be automatically added to your “List of Leads” spreadsheet. (Yes, if you don’t have that list in your smartsheet account, create it now!) . This will easily help you track your potential clients, and set reminders to follow up with them. You will never lose contact with a potential lead again.
2. Create a lead management checklist
How many times did it happen to you that you had a prospect who was very interested in your services big time, but the project never went through due to reasons beyond your control? The next thing you’re wondering is, why have I lost contact with this person, and what can I do to prevent this?
It’s easy, create a spreadsheet called “Lead Management Checklist” in your smartsheet account, to help you followup with potential clients. My list includes something like:
- Add the prospect to my newsletter
- Give them a free offer that will help them stay engaged with your brand for some time. Such things would include
- A 52-week free course delivered over email that you would normally charge for.
- Access to a private community forum
- Anything that keeps you in front of them, without taking too much of your time
- Send them a personal email every month offering them a valuable tip about something they’re really interested in. Have smartsheet send you reminders about followup dates.
3. Make more money per customer using a customer followup checklist
It happens all the time! A client has engaged you in a big project, and they really liked to work with you, but they stopped working with you because the relationship faded once the project had been completed.
The solution? Create a spreadsheet inside your smartsheet account, labeled “Customer Followup Checklist”. Then, everytime you finish a project, add the client to that spreadsheet, and setup reminders to follow up with them. Some things to include would be:
- Add the client to my “Special Offers for Past Clients” mailing list. This way, every time you need extra business, you can email those clients with a really special offer.
- Setup a reminder in smartsheet to followup personally with past clients every couple of months, especially those who bought highly priced services from you. Check how they’re doing, and give them some ideas on how they could improve their business. Let them know you’re open to working with them, without sounding too pushy or desperate.
That’s it, as simple as that! If you have more questions, feel free to comment below and I will try my best to answer them. Feel free to contact me if you need help integrating such a system for your own business.