The WHMCS VPN Module was created for one of my clients in order to help him start and grow his vpn hosting business. We’re not talking here about a newbie, we’re talking about a serial entrepreneur who has built and sold businesses worth millions of dollars, so he needed a module which could scale to a few hundreds of VPN servers, and scale as the businesss grows.
After identifying his requirements, we created a custom WHMCS VPN module which manipulates the linux configuration file which stores PPP accounts, in order to provision accounts on the server.
You can view a demo of the WHMCS VPN Module at the video below
WHMCS VPN Module Features
- Add/Modify VPN Servers from inside WHMCS’s server management section
- Restrict number of VPN accounts per server
- Uses the Linux PPTPD VPN package (but can be customized to use any)
WHMCS VPN Module Technical Specifications
- Interaction with the local and remote WHMCS API: Most clients and developers do not understand that WHMCS has a local and external API. We used both APIs in order to deliver a highly customized solution.
- Direct manipulation of the database where the WHMCS API fall short: At times, the WHMCS API doesn’t allow you access to some functionality, and is limiting by nature. While this is good most of the time, at time it is limiting. We manipulated the database directly so that our custom whmcs vpn module implements all of the requirements the client had requested.
- Custom pages to manage WHMCS VPN Module users
- Advanced Regular Expressions manipulation
- Cron automation in order to ensure consistency between server and WHMCS data
- Fully internationalized module
If you have a similar project, or want access to a similar whmcs vpn module, and have at $1,500 or more to invest, please get in touch. I would love to hear from you.